Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My first painting finished! (I think)

Today I worked a bit more on the dress, then I tried to rub some of the background paint off to reveal the collage underneath.  If you are doing Jane's class and reading this please do what she recommends in the video, that is to use satin or gloss varnish over the collage.  I used matte (because I already had it in my supplies) and it was very difficult to rub the paint off using the windex as a result.  I'm not completely happy with the background but I'm not sure what else I could do with it?

I then antiqued the whole thing by painting over a watery wash of burnt sienna and rubbing it off immediately using a cloth, turned out ok I think but I did lose some of the subtle tones in her face and pinkness in her cheeks.

Overall I'm really happy with my first attempt at painting, and I can't wait to get started on another project!

No comments:

Post a Comment