Friday, June 17, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my brand new blog.  As some of you may know I make teddy bears and cloth dolls (under the name Caya's Cottage), but I also have a keen interest in traditional forms of art such painting and drawing.

I have always had a deep appreciation for art and sculpture and art was one of my favourite subjects at school but I always felt that I didn't have much talent for it myself.  But I'm hoping to change that and this blog will document my journey.  I have several artists in my family so I'd like to think that I have inherited a little bit, it's just a matter of discovering it.  I have just signed up for an online art class run by Jane DesRosier called Portraits and Papers (see link to the workshop in the right hand column).  I'll be sharing photos of my work as I work through this class.  Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment